Below are a list of our most frequently asked questions. If you can’t find an answer to your question feel free to contact us.
How does Top Banana Cleaning work?
How much does it cost?
What does the administration charge cover?
Where do we cover?
What time will my cleaner arrive?
What do I do if my cleaner doesn’t arrive?
Can I give my cleaner a key?
What if I need to cancel a clean?
What is included in a standard clean?
What cleaning products do I need to provide for my cleaner?
Can I make special requests?
Will my cleaner do the washing up?
Will my cleaner do ironing and laundry?
Is there anything the cleaner will not do?
Is my cleaner okay with pets?
How can I contact you?
How does insurance work?
What happens if my cleaner goes on holiday?
What happens if my cleaner is unwell and unable to clean?
Can you provide commercial cleaners?
Can cleaners provide end-of-tenancy or after-builder cleans?
Top Banana Cleaning is a scheduling service, matching our clients with reliable, efficient and experienced local cleaners. Our on-going customer service sets us apart from other companies. All Top Banana Cleaners are personally interviewed, background checked and English speaking. Once you have completed our online request form, we will get in touch to arrange a suitable time for your welcome visit or phone call during which we will establish your cleaning needs and match you with the most appropriate cleaner.
Your cleaner will be a self-employed individual, you pay them directly £10 per hour, by cash, cheque or direct transfer. You pay an Administration Charge of £2.50 per hour to Top Banana Cleaning which is collected using GoCardless, a secure online payment system. If your clean is cancelled and we cannot reschedule it for you, you do not pay the Administration Charge on that clean.
- Finding a reliable, efficient and experienced cleaner is a time consuming business. We take all the stress out of this for you using our bank of local cleaners to match their skills, location and availability to your exact requirements.
- All Top Banana Cleaners are personally interviewed before we undertake a thorough background check including ID check, right to work and referencing to ensure their suitability.
- We take care of all the scheduling and logistics, and create a detailed job sheet so that should you ever have a replacement cleaner, through our mobile app they know all your requirements and you will receive a consistently good experience.
- All our cleaners use our mobile app ‘Check in & Out’ system so we can track the time spent in each property. This gives you complete peace of mind, allows us to monitor that they are staying for the required time, and also makes us aware immediately should they be running late.If your cleaner is sick or on holiday, subject to availability, we will reschedule your cleaning to another suitable cleaner.
- We monitor all our cleaners carefully to ensure that the Top Banana Standard is maintained, including drop in visits and feedback requests from clients.
- If you choose to give your cleaner access to your home when you are not there, we record this using a unique code meaning the key is only identifiable to you and your cleaner.
- We check that your cleaner has personal liability insurance to cover accidental breakages or damage. Please note this does not cover reasonable wear and tear.
- We do all the liaising with your cleaner on your behalf, so that should any matter need addressing, however big or small, it does not create more work for you. Just get in touch and leave the rest to us.
We are based in Haslemere and also cover Liphook, Hindhead and the surrounding villages.
When confirming your booking we will give you an estimated arrival time for your cleaner. Your cleaner may reasonably arrive up to 15 minutes either side of this time due to changes in travel times. If your cleaner is likely to arrive outside of this window, we ask them to contact us so that we can let you know. If you have a weekend visit booked, your cleaner will contact you directly.
Through our App the Top Banana Cleaning offices will be notified immediately if your cleaner does not ‘Check in or out’ on time, and all Top Banana Cleaners are asked notify the office if they are running late, so we can immediately get in touch with you. If circumstances beyond the cleaner’s control prevent the cleaner from being able to attend, we ask the cleaners to notify us immediately so that we can let you know. If your cleaner has not arrived, and we have not been in touch, please get in touch so we can find a solution straight away.
All Top Banana Cleaners go through a thorough background checking process, so you can trust them to clean your home whilst you are out. If you want to give your cleaner a key we will log it on our system and tag the key with a unique code, ensuring there is no personal information on display. Alternatively, you can leave your keys somewhere safe, we recommend the use of a key safe. We will discuss this with you during your welcome visit or call, if you need to subsequently change your access arrangements, just get in touch and we will coordinate the necessary arrangements.
Just get in touch and we will contact your cleaner to let them know. We ask you to give at least 48 hours’ notice if you need to cancel your scheduled clean, if a clean is cancelled within this window we reserve the right to charge an administrative fee of £10. For more information, please see our Terms and Conditions.
If you have a holiday planned and do not want cleaning during this time, please let us know in advance and we will add this to our scheduling.
To see what is included in a Top Banana Clean, please see the Top Banana Standard page of our website.
All clients need to provide a mop, toilet brush and vacuum cleaner (plus an iron & board if ironing is required).
To complete a clean to the Top Banana Standard your cleaner will need the following items:
- Bin bags
- Vacuum bags (if required)
- Washing-up liquid
- Extendable fluffy duster (ideally with removable head to be washed in between visits)
- 4 Dusters (minimum, to be washed in between visits)*
- 8 Microfibre cloths (minimum, to be washed in between visits)*
- Rubber gloves*
- Green scourer*
- Toilet cleaner*
- Shower cleaner*
- Glass cleaner*
- Multi-surface cleaner*
- Wood polish*
- Floor cleaner*
- Limescale remover*
- Cream cleaner*
- Caddy to carry products and cloths*
- Anti-bacterial wipes*
*These items are included in our cleaning kits. At £37 for our Premium ECO pack, and £27 for our Standard pack, they represent a huge saving on the standard retail price.
Of course! When you book you will receive a welcome visit or phone call to talk through all your cleaning requirements. After your cleaner has started, if you would like any special instructions adding to your booking just get in touch and we will ensure this is added to your job sheet and your cleaner informed.
If there is washing up left out, then your cleaner will wash up or load the dishwasher. They will also put away any clean items left on the side. However large amounts of washing up can heavily eat into cleaning time, so please bear this in mind when deciding how long your cleaner will need to clean your house.
If you would like a cleaner who will also do ironing and laundry this is no problem. Just mention it on your online request form or during your welcome visit/ phone call and we ensure that enough time is allocated for this.
During a regular weekly clean Top Banana cleaners would not undertake deep specialist cleaning, such as oven cleaning, carpet cleaning, mould removal or upholstery cleaning.
For health and safety reasons, your housekeeper does not offer the following services:
- Lifting items over 25lbs
- Dusting and vacuuming of surfaces outside of normal reach
- Cleaning pet messes and heavily soiled areas, including changing cat litter trays
- Cleaning of mould and biohazardous material, including blood and body fluids
- Deep stain removal
- Landscaping and/or gardening work
- Cleaning of garages and patios
- Extermination (insects, rats etc.)
- Pet care
- Cleaning the outside of windows. There are some specific circumstances where they can help: when the windows are easily, safely accessible on the ground floor or are on a wide balcony/terrace with barriers, with firm, even flooring. Obviously, this is weather-permitting and you’d need to provide appropriate sponges! Please note, your cleaner is never able to work at height, so cannot use a ladder or step ladder.
During the interview process we check whether our cleaners are comfortable in homes with pets. When we match you with a cleaner we will take this into consideration to ensure we find you the perfect cleaner. If there are specific instructions relating to this, such as ensuring certain doors are left closed then just let us know during your welcome visit or phone call. If you get a pet after your cleaner has started, please get in touch to let us know and we will ensure this information is added to your job sheet.
Please note: Your cleaner will not feed, clean, walk or care for your pet.
Customer service hours are Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.30pm. Outside of these hours please email and we will answer your query within working hours. If you are a prospective client, please make contact via the Book a clean form on the website. If you are a cleaner looking to work as a Top Banana cleaner, please complete the online application form.
In the unlikely event that your cleaner causes any damage/breakage in your home, you need to inform us within 72 hours of your cleaner’s visit for us to be able to help.
Your cleaner is a self-employed contractor and should have their own insurance to cover such incidents.
Please provide proof of damage, including photos & full details of the damage/breakage. We will then liaise with your cleaner on your behalf, to confirm whether they are responsible for the breakage, and if so, ask them to cover the cost.
Please note that your cleaner would not cover the cost of general wear and tear caused by normal cleaning.
If you are unable to reach a resolution with your cleaner, we recommend that you contact your home insurer to see if you can claim through them.
Our insurance policy is there to cover extreme cases such as fire or serious injury, but does not cover damage or breakage. Please note you will be required to pay a minimum excess of £500 for claims on this policy.
We ask that all cleaners included on the Top Banana Cleaning database give at least a month’s notice for any planned holiday. We will then contact you to let you know the dates your cleaner will be away and discuss the arrangements you would like made. Subject to availability we may be able to reschedule cleans with a substitute cleaner, however this is subject to availability and not guaranteed. If your regular cleaner has keys to your property, we expect them to hand those into us for safe keeping before they go away. If you would like us to arrange a substitute cleaner, we recommend the use of a key safe for passing over keys.
We ask that all Top Banana Cleaners give reasonable notice if they feel unwell. In reality, this may be the night before or the morning of your clean. In this situation we would contact you to let you know that your cleaner is unable to attend. Subject to availability we may be able to reschedule cleans with a substitute cleaner, however this is not guaranteed. If you would like us to arrange a substitute cleaner, we recommend the use of a key safe for passing over keys.
In addition to homes, we can provide office and retail cleaners. You can choose daily office cleaning in the morning, afternoon and evening. Monthly invoicing is also available on request. Please get in touch for more information.
Top Banana Cleaning are able to offer end-of-tenancy/after-builder cleaning, including carpet and oven cleaning. Please get in touch to send us your details and we will arrange to meet you and provide you with a quote. These cleans are often only available at the weekend.